Cambridge University Skills Portal
Other sources of training and support
- IT skills (University Computing Service)
UCS provides IT help and support as well as a wide range of training courses.
- Language skills (Language Centre)
The Centre offers self-access language learning, individual guidance, taught courses, and other language learning information for all members of the University.
- Research skills (Cambridge University Library)
The Library offers a research skills programme which includes subject-specific and general interest courses, as well as demonstrations of electronic resources.
- 'Can't work?' group (University Counselling Service)
Workshop provided by the University's Counselling Service. For immediate problems of work block, procrastination, lack of motivation etc.
- CamExams (CUSU)
Exam information, support and assistance including revision tips, exam skills and welfare.
- UROP (Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme)
Run by the Cambridge-MIT Institute this programme offers an insight into the research undertaken by the world-class academics that teach you, and provides a unique opportunity for you to develop some of the technical and transferable skills needed in research, and many other graduate careers.
- The Cambridge Online Study Skills (COSS) package was developed by the Transkills Project team in collaboration with the University's Language Centre. Each topic features: an explanation, one or more practice activities, a summary of the key points and a set of resources for further study.�� The key topics are:
- Academic writing
- Effective listening
- Effective reading
- Making the most of supervisions
- Managing your time
- Preparing for exams